Teams crashing non-stop with "glitch " error

Copper Contributor

I have a Surface Pro, Windows 10 with the desktop 64 bit version of Teams installed. For months now, I have been the only one in our huge company who has had issues with Teams dropping mid-video call.  So confirmed by our IT dep't. Now, it's just dropping randomly with the "glitch" error. Sometimes it will happen 4 or 5 times in 10 minutes. It is becoming infuriating. I have unistalled/reinstalled Teams numerous times, just reinstalled Windows after it blue screened me to the point of no return (scanned all hardware after rebuild and the surface is good to go with no errors), upgraded to 1,000 AT&T internet - it is not my network! Sometimes it crashes after periods of inactivity too. Sometimes it crashes while I'm chatting. Sometime is crashes just after startup. I have the Teams app on my iPhone, and the phone version never crashes. They are synced. I thought it was my internet, but I have now ruled that out. Often times the circles which display status are all white - meaning it's lost some kind of connection and it's not current. Mind you this is while I'm using the internet, so it's not my network. Will someone please tell me what in the crap is wrong with Teams? Google it, this is ALL OVER THE INTERNET. Come on Microsoft, I had terrible internet at one point with Zoom and it never crashed. Starting to think Zoom is the way to go. 

1 Reply

@MDurk 

Hi, have you asked your IT department to run some analytics and reports against your user object to see if there are any clues as to the cause?

Also, take a look at this thread which seems to show similar occurrences to the issue you are fscing and may be of help - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteams_tfe-msteams_meeting-msteams_audio/microsof...