Jul 13 2023 02:24 AM
Jul 13 2023 02:24 AM
Hello Team, I'm planning to upgrade Teams client : from version 1.6.00.16472 to Version 1.6.00.18681. We are not allowing microsoft to update automatically , so we need to deploy the latest client in all the system. Please let us know which process i can follow ? Since I'm new this , please suggest step by step by approach
Jul 13 2023 04:54 AMSolution
Here's an idea for deploying the latest Microsoft Teams client (1.6.00.18681) to all Windows 10 systems in your organization:
1. Get the Latest Teams Client Installer:
- Download the latest Teams client installer suitable for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Teams website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app
Update history for Teams App Version (Desktop & Mac) (listed by date) - Office release notes | Micro...
2. Prepare the Deployment:
- Ensure you have administrative privileges on the systems for deployment.
- Create a network share or folder accessible to all target systems where you can store the Teams installer.
3. Create a Deployment Package:
- Copy the downloaded Teams client installer to the designated network share or folder.
4. Choose a Deployment Method:
- Decide whether to use Group Policy or Configuration Manager for deployment, depending on your organization's setup.
5. Deploy using Group Policy (for Example):
- Open the Group Policy Management console on a domain controller or administrative system.
- Create a new Group Policy Object (GPO) or use an existing one.
- Navigate to "Computer Configuration" > "Policies" > "Software Settings".
- Right-click on "Software installation" and select "New" > "Package".
- Browse to the network share or folder containing the Teams installer and select it.
- Choose the deployment method (assigned or published) and follow the prompts to complete the deployment.
6. Deploy using Configuration Manager (also for Example):
- Open the Configuration Manager console.
- Create a new application or package using the Teams client installer as the source file.
- Configure the deployment type, requirements, and dependencies.
- Deploy the application or package to the target collection of Windows 10 systems.
7. Test and Monitor the Deployment:
- Begin by deploying the Teams client to a test group of systems.
- Monitor the deployment process to ensure it completes successfully.
- Verify that the Teams client is installed and functioning as expected on the test systems.
- Once validated, proceed with deploying the Teams client to the remaining Windows 10 systems.
Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.
If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.