SOLVED

teams change a owner of team and remove members automatically

Copper Contributor

I need some help.

While im using teams in our company, i realized that owner of team is changed automatically to other member (im the owner of this team. no one except me can change owner of our team) and some members of our team is removed from our team.

i tried to make myself owner of our team again in admin center, it change owner of the team not to me but to other member of our team. i tried multiple times, sometimes it is changed to me, sometimes, it is changed to other members. and i re login to admin center again, it is changed automatically again.

And when i checked the application, owner of this team is changed to another member. it is quite annoying.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

7 Replies
Hi @jmha-vardas

There is no circumstance that I can think of where the owner of the team ought to be changed randomly to another member of the team.

Someone could have potentially done this in the Teams Admin Centre (I.e if you have an admin who has made changes). The audit log may give you more insight. Otherwise if nothing has been changed like this that you are aware of, then I would raise a ticket to Microsoft via the Microsoft 365 admin centre and provide screenshots if possible

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thank you for the answer.

I attached two screen captured images. the "before" is when i click admin center - teams - manage teams - "Team name" at first, and "after" image is when i just clicked manage teams -  "Team name" again.

As you see, owner have been changed even i did not change anything. i just click team name again but the owners have been changed.

regards, jmha

best response confirmed by jmha-vadas (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ok! Quite random behaviour in the TAC changing owners!

In that case solution is a ticket to Microsoft with screenshots. They can look into the root cause and correct. You could always look to recreate the team but imagine that it’s already in active use.

If Microsoft disclose what they did to fix please add it to the string here so the community can benefit.

Best, Chris
Thank you. i now request support from ms. after i solve this problem, i will share solution. thank you for your consideration.

We've seen some similar issues with the TAC recently, so adding @Jamie Stark as an FYI.

Just to make sure that it's not a "cosmetic" issue, have you verified by any other means that the owner is actually changed, for example via PowerShell? You should also check the Audit log as any "change owner" action should be listed there.

I asked support for this issue to ms support team, he said that i need to set all things in 365 admin center not "teams admin center" because, for now, there are bugs to synchoronize them and more. 365 admin center is the reference.

After i changed owner of our team in 365 admin center, it is not changed anymore.

Thank you

Thanks for letting us know much appreciated.

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jmha-vadas (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ok! Quite random behaviour in the TAC changing owners!

In that case solution is a ticket to Microsoft with screenshots. They can look into the root cause and correct. You could always look to recreate the team but imagine that it’s already in active use.

If Microsoft disclose what they did to fix please add it to the string here so the community can benefit.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post