Teams Call Queue and Non-Licensed Users

Brass Contributor

I am creating Call Queues in Teams to allow for select users in each office to be a part of those queues.  This seems to be a good path forward for users who are licensed in Teams.  However, we have temporary workers the at come in to answer the front desk phones who will not be licensed in Teams.  Considering the resource account you create for the call queue must remain disabled, you can't login to the phone using this account.  This would prevent the temp worker from answering the phone if they are unable to login to Team.  In this case a blend of a call queue and a Common Area Phone would be beneficial.  Is there another solution for this?  

4 Replies
Hi,

Yes you could add CAP Phones and Call Queue as a part of the service and they can answer the phone. This the only best option available for the Temporary Workers.

Note:- CAP Phones in Microsoft Teams Call Queue is not supported by Microsoft. But the feature functionality works seamlessly

With Regards,
Satish U
Thanks for the reply, Satish! Without signing in to the physical phone as a license user, the CAP license makes sense. However, to get the full functionality of the phone system (forwarding, consult, park, etc), I am thinking the phone system license would be more appropriate. Does it sound like I'm heading down the right path? Otherwise, the true CAP license has limited functionality.
Hi,

I agree CAP has limitation, You can also look at Teams Essential with Voice incase you are looking to get the rich feature functionality with reduced cost. Let me know in case you need any additional assistance.

With Regards,
Satish U
For the CAP license, call forwarding was removed last year but is no implemented again.