Students and teachers beeing added to non-exsisting teams every day.

Copper Contributor

Hello. I work with IT on a school in Sweden. We have, like many others, been forced to use Teams in connection with the pendemic.
The issue we have right now is that both teachers and students who are connected to our teams is constantly beeing removed and added to teams that doesnt even exsist any more. 
The whole city is synced through the same teams. And the sync happens every morning and I bet it has something to do with this sync. 
This is extremly annoying for our teachers who can get up to 20 notifications instantly filling up thier teams and making usefull information hard to find. 
The wierd thing is that it says "Microsoft has added you to ... ". So it's not a person that is doing this.
If anyone has a solution to this problem it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

4 Replies

hello @Tweesiee    I'm going to ask @ChristianBergstrom to review your question.

@ThereseSolimeno @Tweesiee Hi, I'm sorry but I would need a better description to understand what's going on. If you suspect there's a major issue behind the behavior you should instead open up a support ticket with Microsoft.

@ChristianBergstrom Thank you for your response. 

We have a lot of "teams" or "channels". I don't really know what they are called if Im honest so I will just call them channels. Each class have idividual channels for their classes. The issue for us now is that even when channels have been removed or "archived" because that class no longer exsists teachers and students still get notifications that they have been added and/or removed from these channels a few times each day. Some get up to 30 notifications in a row. This is a problem because the notifications make it hard for teachers and students to find critical information in our teams. 
I suspect this happens because there is a big "sync" each morning. This whole system is handled by our citys IT department. Every school in our city is under this system. We have called them multiple times and asked them to fix this issue but they simply say its a "bug" with Microsoft and they can't fix it wich sounds wierd to me..
Thats why I asked here. 

Hope this cleared things up a bit. I'm sorry if I can't explain well enough, but the truth is I don't really understand the problem well enough myself yet.
Have a great day.

@Tweesiee Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm just swamped right now. If you're referring to the removal of the system messages it should be completed soon as it's been launched for some time. My organization got the full implementation of the "info pane" just recently so all the teams posts look very nice and tidy now, meaning no more system messages.

This is the roadmap https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=64173

And this is the associated UserVoice request https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35515990-users-added-to-team-l...