Sound coming out computer speakers when have headset on?

Copper Contributor

Does anyone have any ideas why when I'm on a meeting with teams, I get audio out my usb headset as well as my pc speakers?  It's not really loud out the pc speakers.  It's actually really quiet, but it's definitely there.  First few times I heard it, I thought it was coming from behind my laptop.  If I mute the speakers, it stops, but I also loose my audio in my usb headset.  I can't seem to find a way to turn off the speakers but leave the headset on.  

I've also tried to call into the meeting and use a bluetooth headset.  I still hear the same talking out of the computer.  I mute my speakers completely (by clicking the speaker icon and clicking the speaker on the very left of the pop-up) and I still get the talking out of the laptop.  

Like I said, first few times, I didn't think it was coming from the laptop.  I guess I'm still not 100% sure.  This is my work PC.  I have a port replicator hooked to it.  Maybe its coming from that?  The talking is very low so it's hard to pinpoint where it's coming from.

1 Reply
First off have you verified the device settings that they are correct? Tried without the port replicator?