Some people arn't receiving calendar invites from Teams. Please help!

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I've started using Teams to send calendar invitations about upcoming webinars to people outside of my organization. Good to know the company I work for doesn't properly use Teams yet, so this is a trial thing for us.

My issue: If I invite my personal Gmail account, or a friend's work email (different from my company) they receive an email invitation to the webinar calendar invite. But if I invite anyone from my own company with the same domain as the Teams account I've created the webinar invites with, then they don't receive an email notification with information.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies

@AIBL_program 

Given you say you don't properly use Teams yet, are you fully using Exchange Online for your mailboxes? Teams will be emailing the EXOL mailbox, and not another email service.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply!

We use G-Suite for email. Do you think this is why the emails arn't being received?

My work email account has received Teams email invitations from other companies before though if that helps.

@AIBL_program it sort of depends how your domains are set up in Office 365. If your email domain is registered then Office 365 thinks that email should go to Exchange for that domain.