SOLVED

require sensitivity label when creating a Team

Iron Contributor

In the "Three tiers of protection overview" documentation, it states to "consider creating a "general" label and then requiring that all teams be labeled".  Where is the configuration setting to require a label upon team creation?  I've got sensitivity labels working, but the "None" option is still available in the sensitivity drop down, so users can bypass selecting a label.

6 Replies
Disregard - found it - Label Policies!

Great you found this can be configured via label policies

Question is, does requiring a label on a container require EMS E3 or EMS E5 licensing? I'm not able to find where this is specifically documented.

@ChristianJBergstrom Brilliant - thanks. We were advised by Microsoft that mandatory labeling requires EMS E5.  Unfortunately we can't verify since we don't have a tenant that doesn't have at least one E5 license.

Screenshot 2022-08-26 151910.png

best response confirmed by DaveTheTeamsGuy (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@DaveTheTeamsGuy Hello, the initial question you asked is a bit down there, called sensitivity labels for containers (teams, sites, groups). And I believe the article simply implies that you publish these so the users have to choose one.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1661546593221.png

@Juan Carlos González Martín Sorry for hijacking your conversation ❤

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DaveTheTeamsGuy (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@DaveTheTeamsGuy Hello, the initial question you asked is a bit down there, called sensitivity labels for containers (teams, sites, groups). And I believe the article simply implies that you publish these so the users have to choose one.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1661546593221.png

@Juan Carlos González Martín Sorry for hijacking your conversation ❤

View solution in original post