Remove default login email when opening teams

Copper Contributor

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum but need some help. I am creating an image for my organization, and as part of that image I need teams. I downloaded all of my office apps from the office website using my account so when they all opened, they had my email auto filled in the sign in box. I have removed that from every app except teams and I cannot seem to make it go away. I have tried clearing all of the cache from the app data folder, uninstalled teams fully, and logged in and out as a different user account. 

If anyone has any suggestion, please help.

3 Replies

@josephmiller1256 

I found the following article that worked for me. 

If users are signed in to a domain-joined computer and don't want their user name pre-populated on the Teams sign-in screen, admins can set the following Windows registry to turn off pre-population of the user name:

Create the following Windows Registry Value - 

(UPN) Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Teams SkipUpnPrefill(REG_DWORD) 0x00000001 (1).

Steps to create registry setting;

• Open Registry Editor - Start -> Regedit
  • Browse to Registry Folder
    • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Teams
  • Right click to create NEW value - Create DWORD (32-Bit) Value
    • Type the following value name = SkipUpnPrefill
    • Value Data = 1
    • Click Ok to save
  • Close Registry Editor (Note:You can choose to leave it open but I recommend  that you close the Registry Editor once your done editing or have confirmed your edit). 

Hope this helps,

Step by step video on how to Remove Account From Teams app:

https://youtu.be/tLWeGo_aQu0

@josephmiller1256 The method outlined in the video did not work for me as most of the options were not available under "Manage my account". This is probably because of the administrative policy on this computer. 

However, I was able to find the path to remove the user in the registry:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\UserExtendedProperties\user@emailaddress.com

Simply delete this path for the user you no longer wish to have connected to your MS login.