SOLVED

Profile picture appears incorrectly in Teams Chat

Brass Contributor

Profile pic appears sideways/incorrectly in below places for a specific user. I tried uploading the correct image in delve a week back but still the issue persist

1) When searching for the user in Teams search box. (both client and web app) 

2) Contact card in Teams app,  while opening from Teams client. (Teams web version contact card loads fine)

3) 1:1 chat tab (Files, chat section). (both webapp and client)

4) when the user responds to chat message the web version appears correctly,  but the Teams app showing the image incorrectly.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Tried the below steps and it worked for me,
1) Cleared the Teams cache in affected users machine
2)signed out and signed in back to my teams client.
3)Typed the username in search box both the chat and contact card started displaying the correct image.
In Teams web app, As I had an existing chat with affected user, clearing the browser cache/incognito mode made it work. The only downside, it seems other users also need to follow these steps in their own machine to see the updated profile picture of affected user.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Tried the below steps and it worked for me,
1) Cleared the Teams cache in affected users machine
2)signed out and signed in back to my teams client.
3)Typed the username in search box both the chat and contact card started displaying the correct image.
In Teams web app, As I had an existing chat with affected user, clearing the browser cache/incognito mode made it work. The only downside, it seems other users also need to follow these steps in their own machine to see the updated profile picture of affected user.

View solution in original post