Power BI Teams App will not open in website within our tenant for Guest Users

Copper Contributor

We operate a collaborative tenant with Guest Users from a number of organisations. They are all invited in a controlled way into our Tenant using New Guest User in AD. Our Power BI content is published to the web service with view-only access given to all Members and Guests using a Group, the same Group is used in Teams.

My Guest users can see the reports just fine within Teams, but if they wish to do more such as export to PDF they need to 'open in website.' When they do they get a failure dialogue that states 'Sorry, we couldn't find that report'

I believe this is because it is trying to find that content within their Organisation Tenant, not mine. I have checked when sharing our Tenant ID web link they can see our Power BI web service just fine.

As a work around I could use a share link and a standard website link, but it introduces all the chrome objects which aren't shown when using the app.

1 Reply

@MarkT12  

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Additional tech support is available at support.microsoft.com or Answers.microsoft.com, where authorized Microsoft agents are available to trouble an issue until it’s resolved