Phone call is put on hold when receiving Teams chat message

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Teams problem or Android 11?

When on a regular call (not through Teams) and I receive a chat message via Teams , my ongoing phone call is put on hold...

I've recently updated to Android 11 on my Galaxy Note 10+

11 Replies

@stregnil did you ever get an answer to this or solution? I have similar issues with this...

This is happening to me now as well. I've removed all Microsoft apps and the account from the accounts section of my phone and it's still happening if I make a Teams call. The real world issues is that I'm waiting on hold for hours to get through to a representative at a company and I'd like to be able to not have Teams throw it on hold. I've missed the representative once already because they answered while I was in a Teams meeting that I didn't even need to be talking on. I have a Google Pixel 4a.

@JustinS435 we solved it, its a notification issue, switch notification style and it should be resolved!
Change your notifications style in Teams (microsoft.com)

Wim_Groffils - what do you need to change the notification style to/from? I have this problem on my iphone and would love to solve it without losing all notifications for Teams on my phone.

@Scrane3420 I'm not sure on iPhone, but see if you can toggle between native notifications from iOS and build in notifications from the Teams-app if that is even possible.. in Windows it is an option.
I'm sure its a software issue, so try playing with the notification settings, logging out/on again, reinstalling teams-app, resetting iPhone as last resort. 

Good luck!

Am facing the same issue with my work laptop, call goes on hold when I receive a pop up notification such as email alert or chat message etc. Please suggest a solution if anyone knows the fix.
Have you tried what I wrote on 11/01/22?

@Wim_Groffils 

I have the same exact thing happen to me. When I receive an Outlook Email notification on my PC, my phone will put the call on hold and the "resume call" option pops up on my phone.  My Phone and PC are both connected with a bluetooth headset so the issue is caused over the bluetooth link. 

I have the same exact thing happen to me. When I receive an Outlook Email notification on my PC, my phone (Samsung S20) will put the call on hold and the "resume call" option pops up on my phone.  My Phone and PC are both connected with a bluetooth headset so the issue is caused over the bluetooth link. 

I just changed my Teams notifications style to "Windows" as you suggested, I'll let you know if it solves the issue. 

MurphyMan_0-1661525272310.png

@Wim_Groffils I have the exact same issue and this has not solved the issue. It happens when I get an email notification, a teams notification or any dialogue box appears.
This hasn't solved it for me