Not receiving notifications from channels (banner or feed) since following/favorites was removed

Copper Contributor

We aren't receiving any notifications (banner or feed) from our channel posts - even though in the channel notification settings, I've enabled Banner and Feed for new posts (including all replies) and channel mentions. It seems this functionality might have been lost after the move away from following/favourites, and I can't find any solution to it in the forums etc that is relevant to the new functionality.

The only way I can trigger a notification is to @ the channel name itself in the post to the channel, which is not ideal. Am I missing a global setting that is suppressing these notifications (I've checked all admin centre settings and can't see anything), or is this a bug?

6 Replies
The channels are shown (not hidden) at the time of posting?

You are not set to do not disturb?

Correct - they are not hidden (if I click More Options I can see the option to hide them but I've never hidden them) and I'm Available. It's a problem for our whole team too, not just me fyi.
What about other Teams? I’m other types of notifications like chat etc?
We only have one Team (3 channels). The individual chat notifications work as expected, it's just the channel notifications that don't fire (for anyone) unless we tag the channel in the post.
We're on version 1.2.00.27559 which seems to be the latest (no update is found when the check is run).
Odd that no one is getting them but usually if under settings > notifications > followed channels is off then this is a global off and on but if you “save” settings on a channel notification settings itself it takes that setting over the global.

I had one user recently not getting any banner notifications at all and I ran out of time trying to figure it out. You at least still get @mentions.

Couple questions. Do you still get activity feed toasts and or bold channel (unread) post?
I started getting the notifications over the weekend after I hid then showed my 3 channels when I was testing my settings. However, at 10am this morning I posted to one of the channels via Zapier (as myself), and after that a colleague posted to another channel and I didn't get a notification of that one.. so maybe it's Zapier-integration related?
I wouldn't expect to get a notification of my own post via Zapier, but yeah I didn't a notification on someone else's post afterwards either.