SOLVED

Multiple Accounts in the Teams Desktop App

MVP

The iOS app for Teams allows me to be logged onto multiple accounts simultaneously, but not the desktop App.

Do we know when this will be coming?

Thanks,

Craig

72 Replies
No. Will be available for all.
We already had that functionality for quite some time. there was a post linked earlier (that of course is a dead link now) where in 2019 it (multiple accounts) was promised to be released, the roadmap updated each fall, spring, etc.
You'll have to forgive me if "it'll happen this year" is not believable after 4 yrs of waiting

That was the personal account…

Follow the feedback portal (UserVoice replacement)

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/c9995dc8-811a-ed11-b83e-000d3a4d9c20

... ugh this entire thread is about managing multiple organizations and linking to years old (now dead and removed) posts where MS was promising this feature for years. You can say it was personal all you want, but as someone who was involved with the conversation for now almost 4 years I doubt every one of us were misunderstanding.
Stop fanboying and keep waiting for this feature they keep promising us, I'm sure it'll be "this year". then they'll remove all the links again.

Microsoft - a **bleep** show like always… 

switched to Mac in 2009. Never looked back an now I have to use this freaking company appS….

"That was the personal account…" - this is not true. It was always about Teams for work or school.
I pasted the wrong link above. Edited now.

I don't work for Microsoft, just telling how it is.
No, you're actually wrong here. The first addition was about personal accounts. I know that for a fact.

@gorchase 

Lol, 4 years. They've been promising this since Skype for Business. My tombstone will read "Still waiting for multiple Teams logins"

I'm working with multiple clients and I currently have 4 different accounts set up in Teams on my phone. Really wish I could do the same with the desktop app...

Hi to everyone,

I managed to add another account to Teams Desktop app, this is still (for what I understand) a trial features, in order to add another account in Teams' desktop app you'll need to enable the update of the application from the Teams administrative portal.

So, first of all, log in to admin.microsoft.com using an administrator account.
Select "Show all"

Simone_C93_0-1683106085685.png

and "Teams"

Simone_C93_1-1683106107541.png

You should be redirected to admin.teams.microsoft.com
expand the "Teams" Menu and select "Teams update policies"

Simone_C93_2-1683106180456.png

I've created a "Test" policy in order to apply it only to my account for test purpose

Simone_C93_3-1683106232037.png

In the new policy select the options as follow

Simone_C93_4-1683106260888.png

Now go in the "Users" menu and select "Manage Users"

Simone_C93_5-1683106297833.png

Search a user you want to assign the new created policy and click on "View policies"

Simone_C93_6-1683106386645.png

In the user's page click on "Edit" in order to edit the Assigned Policies

Simone_C93_7-1683106438510.png

Now search for "Update policy" and select the new policy from the drop down menu

Simone_C93_8-1683106487713.png

Click Apply button and confirm.

Now, in the Teams desktop app of the user enabled you should see "Try the new Teams" in the upper left corner

Simone_C93_9-1683106567138.png

Click on the flag and wait for new Teams app to download. Once completed the download Teams should automatically close and the new application will be opened

Simone_C93_10-1683106643884.png

Now, clicking on your user icon in the upper right corner you should be able to see "Add another work account" 

Simone_C93_11-1683106694669.png

Hope this solves your issue. 

Best regards 

Simone 

@Simone_C93 All going well but in 'Use New Teams Client' I have only 'Not enabled', 'Classic Teams as Default and 'Microsoft Controlled' as options

Hello Linus Cansby,

Thank you for your help but can you please update the link? https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17750851-i-want-to-use-multiple-teams-accounts-at-the-same . It gives "This UserVoice instance is no longer available." error. 

Thanks in advance.