SOLVED

MS Teams virtual background effects blending with real background

Copper Contributor

I've been using MS Teams since COVID hit and this week I've had my first issue with virtual backgrounds.  No different settings than what I am used to.  I'm pretty sure my MS Teams was just running off default settings. 

When I'm in a meeting, I can set the background to "blur" which works properly but I would rather use a virtual background.  However, when I do this now it works but there are some items in my room that also appear in the background - it's mixing the virtual and real backgrounds.  For example, my bed and a picture that is on my wall in the background is visible with the space or office setting virtual background.

I tried restarting Teams, uninstall and reinstall, closing and opening, signing out and in.  Is there any setting particular to this?  Or is this just a matter of this won't work for me anymore?  Is it the laptop getting older?  My colleagues still have working Teams backgrounds.

Thanks!! any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by dataguy915 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dataguy915 It sounds like it could be the Green Screen option has been turned on. 

Go to Settings > Devices > Green Screen and see if that's toggled on. If it is, switch it off.

HelloBenTeoh_0-1692155034416.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dataguy915 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dataguy915 It sounds like it could be the Green Screen option has been turned on. 

Go to Settings > Devices > Green Screen and see if that's toggled on. If it is, switch it off.

HelloBenTeoh_0-1692155034416.png

View solution in original post