MS Teams Screen Sharing black during audio call

Copper Contributor
Hi,
I have an issue with the screen sharing function in MS teams and I was wondering if anyone has had this similar problem. My screen share works fine when I am in a scheduled meeting but when I call someone and share my screen, it is just black.
I have tried closing, rebooting, uninstalling, changing the resolution and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Thank you!
3 Replies
Hi,
do you have the possibility to do a 1:1 call between two devices, that are in the same network?
The media path is different when it comes to a 1:1 call compared to a conference call. In the scenario where you do a 1:1 call with a device that is in the same network as yours, the media data will be exchanged directly between the two peers without any other components involved (like Teams Relays, Firewall, etc.). Would be good to know if this scenario is working for you.
Greets,
Markus
Thanks for the reply!

I work from home and we are all on the same network but many of us work in various locations physically. I have even tried someone on the same network and location as me and it still did not work.
Hi,
did you try to delete your entire Teams Cache? (Close Teams before that)
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams
Are other colleagues experiencing this aswell?

You said that you have tried it with a device on the same network, even on the same network segment, to make sure that they can talk directly to each other without any routing/Firewall components inbetween?
The easiest would be to be connected to your home network with pc 1 and also with pc2 and do a test between both of them. Also make sure that no VPN is inbetween.

Greets,
Markus