MS Teams Hanging/Crashing on Undock

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

New to the site - great to see positive activity in here.

I'm really hoping someone can assist me in this very strange situation we are experiencing.

Last month on the 3rd Feb we rolled out TEAMS across our business globally (yes, ironic it was the day the security certificate expired - but hey, these things happen).

We have a large portion of users experiencing continues crashes of TEAMS when they un-dock their laptop (meaning they shift from a wired connection to WiFi). Whenever this happens, TEAMS gets stuck in a "sending" loop and then crashes. It's causing a major headache across the business.

So to re-iterate:

• When docked on a Dell 7390 through a WD19 docking bay they are on Ethernet - and everything runs as intended.
  • When connected to WiFi only - everything is fine
  • When they un-dock from the WD15/19 - the laptop moves to WiFi and they have internet access, etc and everything is fine - except for TEAMS - which crashes.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and Ethernet adaptors - but it seems to apply a 2mb restriction on WiFi - which is somewhat crazy.

It seems like TEAMS recognises that it's lost the internet when you un-dock - but doesn't recognise that the WiFi is available and automatically reconnects.

I'm really hoping someone else has experienced this.

Please Help :)

Matt

0 Replies