SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Invites not showing up in Gmail

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am currently receiving Microsoft Teams invites through gmail and the hyperlink with phone number and dial-in code appears, but the actual calendar invite with the day and time of the meeting is not coming through. Basically, I am able to access the meeting, but I have to reach out to the organizer for the actual date / time. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

21 Replies

@cld025 

Is this all Teams invites from any sender, or just one particular sender please?

@PeterRising only from certain senders. Internal to my org, there are no problems, but receiving from external orgs there is

@cld025 

OK, and do you know if any other recipients from these external orgs have the same issue as you or is it just you who is experiencing it?

@PeterRising Yes, it is a mix. Some people have not problems with the Teams invite, while others do

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@cld025 

Interestingly, I've just tested this myself and found the same thing happened.  I received the email invite to my Gmail account, but no calendar item was included.

I've logged this on Uservoice at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/41512078-gmail-calendar-i... 

@cld025  I've been having the same issue, whereas other members of my team also using Gmail do not.  I asked the sender to add a "+label" to my email address in the invite, which appears to have fixed it.  I'm guessing whatever was wrong was cached, tied to my email address; adding a "+label" makes it look like a different address and so avoids the issue.

If you aren't familiar, you can add "+anything" to a gmail email address, just before the "@" sign, and the email will still be delivered to the original address.  For example, if your email address is "example@gmail.com", any email sent to "example+test@gmail.com" will also be delivered to your inbox.  This is useful if you want label certain emails in gmail, or track who is sharing your email address, etc.  This also works if you have Google for Domains, and you get your mail via the GMail web interface, but without a gmail address.  For example, "user@example.com" and "user+test@example.com" are equivalent. 

@Jason_Clark_FMZ 

Hi there, I have been having the same problem and adding "+test" fixes it... so thanks for that.

Ideally I don't want to have to ask organisers to add a label to all invites, so where is the caching error? With Gmail or Microsoft? I'd like to be able to clear this out to fix it properly.

Thanks

Jon

It would be urgent to fix this bug, since you cannot take part in meetings because you do not know what time and hour they are. It is a big issue for plenty of people! Thank you!

@cld025 

Hi,

Was a final solution for this problem ever identified? I have been encountering the problem within the last 2 weeks and would like to know what steps to take to resolve it on my computer.

Also, I have noticed that it doesn't occur when I check the same messages on my phone.  All the relevant MS Teams Invite meeting details display on my cell phone in the Gmail messages App.

Thank you.

There has been no update on the Uservoice i'm afraid.

I am having the same problem - date and time are not included on the Teams invitations I receive.  I am using Mac OS 11.15, and have tried opening the invitation with Apple mail and with Hotmail, but neither includes the time and date.  It's beyond frustrating!

Hi,

Same thing for me and the team I work with.

Waiting for a solution, it's a big issue for our company.

Thanks
I'm having this problem on my TypeApp on my mobile and on thunderbird on my pc
Bloody stupid Microsoft...

@cld025 I added the following as a new UserVoice suggestion, since Microsoft has moved to a new platform and the old suggestion is no longer there.

When a calendar invite is sent from Microsoft Exchange (aka 0365/M365/Outlook) it sends an email with an embedded mime type that looks something like the following Teams invite. Note that it does NOT include an attached *.ics file as part of the multipart/alternative. In addition, notice it does not include any information regarding the date and time of the appointment in the email text.

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_some_multipart_id_"

--_some_multipart_id_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Learn More<link> | Meeting options<link>

--_some_multipart_id_--

--_some_multipart_id_
Content-Type: text/calendar; charset="utf-8"; method=REQUEST
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

XXXbase64_encoded_payloadXXX

--_some_multipart_id_--

Generally, this email will result in a calendar invite when received by en email client. However, when the email is received by Google's Gmail app for Android on behalf of an email provider that does not have an integrated calendar, such as Yahoo or AOL, the calendar invite is not displayed. In the case of a Microsoft Teams invite like above, the recipient will receive an email with a message the gives a link, but with no information as to when the meeting will occur, and no attachments.

Google's Gmail app does nothing to assist the user in this case. Alternatively, Apple Mail will create a downloadable attachment called "mime-attachment.ics", so that recipients can use the attachment to add the event to their calendar. Interestingly, when such an email is sent to a Gmail address, Google will actually update the email and create a downloadable attachment called "invite.ics", which is available on the web application.

I tried by sending email by adding up +test before @gmail.com still the issue is same it worked for me for 1 month now still issue appears to be same

@rajeshdassre@peterrising I'm attempting to have google calendar subscribe to Teams calendar (both meetings I set up and those that others set up but to which I'm invited) and when I subscribe the first time, all the invites come in, but every subsequent activity is not picked up. Is this part of the same issue?

!

Hi, was a fix to this issue ever found? I used to be able to see the date/time for MSTeam invites but now can only see the joining details (URL/phone numbers).
Thanks in advance
+1 very annoying
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@cld025 

Interestingly, I've just tested this myself and found the same thing happened.  I received the email invite to my Gmail account, but no calendar item was included.

I've logged this on Uservoice at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/41512078-gmail-calendar-i... 

View solution in original post