SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Partners

Copper Contributor

Looking for some feedback.  I have a global customer that is looking at moving to MS Direct Routing through a partner like Verizon, Orange, NTT or Intrado but they are trying to understand the differences.  Does anyone have any content out there that would be a comparison of what DR Partners can provide, some what like a gartner of DR partners?  Please let me know.

3 Replies

Hi @codonnell 

I don't think there is any specific rating like Gartner Rating for Teams DR Partners. But what you could always look at is which of the provider is providing larger Global Presence as well as look at the provider who can provide you services in the countries like China, India which are more regulated countries. 

In addition also look at which provider is carrying maximum voice around the Globe on their backbone. 

With Regards

Satish U 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@codonnell Here's the detail around Direct Routing: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/direct-routing-plan

I hope that helps.

Based on our experience it really depends on which destinations you customer dials the most. For example if their top destination is USA/Canada probably Verizon is best option. If its India then I would go with Airtel for example.

It is important that you collect top destinations they utilize to setup proper routing rules for them.

The reality is that there isn't a single carrier that can cover all regions around the world at great quality. The best option is to setup direct routing to specific carriers in based on dialing prefix.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)