Microsoft Teams - Bluetooth Speaker

Copper Contributor

I am attempting to use a bluetooth speaker in Microsoft Teams meeting for audio output.

My bluetooth speaker works as expected when playing all non-Teams audio through it.  The audio also works fine when joining a Microsoft Teams call that anyone at my office sends me.

The only time this does not work is when I send a Teams meeting out to someone.  When I join these invites that I send out, no audio comes through either my laptop or the connected bluetooth speaker.

Is there a setting somewhere that is causing this behavior for only the invites I send out?

3 Replies
Well, difficult to say what might be happening. What I have found in my experience is that Bluetooth not certified for Teams devices can have issues

Hello@SH_82,

here is Ahmed, a community visitor ;)

Let me try to help you :)

Step 2: Check the Audio Settings in Microsoft Teams

Make sure the Bluetooth speaker is set as the main audio device in Microsoft Teams after it has been successfully linked and connected to your laptop. How to do it is as follows:  

• Open Microsoft Teams and click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the window.
  • Select "Settings" from the menu.
  • Click on "Devices" in the left-hand menu.
  • Under the "Audio devices" section, select the Bluetooth speaker from the dropdown menu.

If the speaker is not listed in the dropdown menu, make sure it's properly paired and connected to your laptop (as described in Step 1).  

Resource: 5 Steps to Solve Bluetooth Speaker Issues in Microsoft Teams! – SolYoutionz

Best of the best :)

Ahme:D

@Ahmed_Masoud97 

Hundreds of people and IOS and other platforms trying to use bluetooth headphones, speakers, and car infortainment systems and Team does not work.  The statements to do this and that do not work.  Often, it is said to go to settings and set the device.  No device listed to set.  Microsoft has a big problem and need to make bluetooth work.