SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Attendance report attendee's email

Copper Contributor

Recently my users hold Teams meeting with external clients and found out that the email column in the attendance report was recorded only for some clients.

I have tried to register a free outlook.com email account or using third party email provider (e.g Gmail) to registered a Microsoft Teams account and joined a Team Meeting. But I found that the email address column in the attendance report will leave blank for these users.

I would like to ask the email address column in the attendance report of Teams will only record the attendee's email address that are using M365 work email account or not? thanks

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Hello, when joining as anonymous (not signed in) also called unauthenticated via link in a browser you'll not have your email address added to the attendance report. You know you're joining as anonymous when you get the meeting join prompt where you can type in whatever name you choose.
Thanks for your reply. I have tried to created a free outlook account and login to Teams, sent an invite to this account and join the meeting through the Teams calendar. But the attendance report still shows blank in the email address column. So I wonder only M365 work account that have login to Teams will be recorded or not.
That’s what I said above. But in a more technical language. Meaning, that is the expected behavior.
Thanks for your help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Hello, when joining as anonymous (not signed in) also called unauthenticated via link in a browser you'll not have your email address added to the attendance report. You know you're joining as anonymous when you get the meeting join prompt where you can type in whatever name you choose.

View solution in original post