Meetings disappear from calendar

Copper Contributor

Hello! When I schedule meetings in Teams, they first appear in my calendar, but literally after a minute, if I change the calendar window, they disappear, although the people I invite to the meeting show up in their calendar and we can even connect to it. but i cant make changes. This is a big problem because I am planning meetings for our institute. Reinstalling the program did not help. The problem is in the browser and the desktop program. The problem is over 6 months now.

9 Replies

@Kirill_Pronin Hello, this sounds very odd and I pretty sure that it's not your Teams client that's the problem but rather the underlying infrastructure. How does your environment look like? Hybrid? Does this only happen to you? Internally? Externally? You say 6 months and you still haven't opened up a support ticket with the official Microsoft support?

@ChristianBergstrom Sorry, but i dont know what is the underlying infrastructure. Yes, 6 mounth with this problem. I have started discussion with MS support, but i have not got enough time, it was very hard week on my work, and they closed it. Can't find how to write them again, looks's like something has changed on russian website. Other people im my organisation don't have the same problem.

@Kirill_Pronin Hello, I understand. Try reopening that support ticket with Microsoft (someone in your org. should be able to assist with that) as you shouldn't be having these issues. Hope it gets sorted!

@ChristianBergstrom I have already tried to reopen ticket. I recieved a e-mail with link to empty page. It is suach a bad UI on russian website. Today I wrote to a support chat of MS, and they gave me a link for this forum. Local support don't what to do with my problem, they sad to write to MS support. Thaks for your care!

@Kirill_Pronin OK, it sounds really odd that others in your org. doesn't have this problem but yet you experience it both in the desktop app and Teams online as well.

This has probably already been done, but for what it's worth you could try to go to https://teams.microsoft.com using a InPrivate / Incognito window (no cache issues) and see if the behavior is the same. Try using different web browsers as well.

For the desktop app you can "reset" it by typing %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams via Start (bottom left corner) and then delete all the content in that folder.

You can also try and remove the Teams desktop app (uninstall) and reinstall it to see if that makes any difference https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app

Other than that I cannot assist with. Good luck!

@Kirill_ProninI believe some, but not all, of my users are experiencing a similar issue.

A commonality I've observed for the sequence of events that can lead to disappearing calendar invites:

• Friday - Meeting organizer drafts an invite in Outlook Calendar.
  • Friday - Meeting organizer converts Outlook Calendar invite to a teams meeting.
  • Friday - Meeting organizer sends invite.
  • Friday Night - Meeting attendee accepts meeting invite on I-phone via Mail App and sends Acceptance e-mail/notice to Organizer.
  • Monday - Meeting organizer sends out update to meeting invite (not a time change just a text update with an agenda)
  • Monday Night - Meeting attendee comments that the meeting is not appearing on their Teams Calendar in Teams on Windows 10 (or Outlook calendar in Windows 10)

We are 100% Office 365 users.

My best guess at the moment:  Something about a user on a mixed OS environment Exchange sync setup is causing issues.

I've gotten hints of concern from users enough now that I'm beyond "must have been a goof" and believe something is going wrong.

Anyone else?

We've been seeing this a lot this week.  We run a mixture of iPads and Windows clients for creating meetings.  Pupils are accepting them and they're vanishing.  They're only using one device as I at first thought it might be being signed into a phone, laptop and iPad for example.  We also now have the problem that staff have updated meetings but can't delete the old ones because they don't show.  The pupils can see them still though and join the wrong one.

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of it?

@CRMKonrad 

I also experienced the described behaviour. I could track it down to having an email forwarding configured for the user. If forwarding of emails is disabled everything works as expected. Does anyone have an idea whether and how this could be related?

@Kirill_Pronin 

Any fix known? I had this issue multiple times during the last year. It seems random and I wonder if it is not linked to accepting or dismissing a notification for the meeting on my iWatch. We have a few other user sometimes experiencing this exact issue which can be very awkward when you don't turn up at a meeting...