SOLVED

Live Components - Is there a way to limit who has access to it?

Brass Contributor

Looks like the only controls we have on Live Components is by enabling it and disabling it via SPO PowerShell: Set-SPOTenant -IsFluidEnabled $true or -IsFluidEnabled  $false.  

Normally Teams apps are controlled thru Team Admin Center > Team Apps and then thru Manage Apps or Permission Policies.

Is there a way to control it within Teams policies? We do not want it deployed to entire tenant until we get a chance to fully test with a smaller group.  How can we achieve this?

2 Replies
For now the only way to control Live Components is by using PowerShell as you have have well mentioned. Pretty sure you have already read the documentation about this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/live-components-in-teams
best response confirmed by LaurieBeamish (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Thank you Juan. I have read the article many times (too many times probably), hoping there was something I was missing.  This feature is a major change and "an all or nothing" launch with out controls/policies really hampers our "launch".  There is really a lack of documentation on such a major change, any resources the Community can provide would be greatly appreciated.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LaurieBeamish (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Thank you Juan. I have read the article many times (too many times probably), hoping there was something I was missing.  This feature is a major change and "an all or nothing" launch with out controls/policies really hampers our "launch".  There is really a lack of documentation on such a major change, any resources the Community can provide would be greatly appreciated.  

View solution in original post