Inviting occasional attendees to recurring meetings in MS Team/outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi! 

Thanks for your time. 

I got a requirement from the business to invite occasional attendees (one-off) for the recurring meetings in MS Team/Outlook. With the current settings, the MS Team link in the invite is giving the ability to the occasional attendees to view the meeting chat throughout the series of meetings. Is there a better work around other than cancelling the reoccurring only on that day and create a new one with occasional attendees?

2 Replies
Hello, if I understand your requirement you would benefit using this feature and add the "one-off" participants to your meeting with a link and all others to the original meeting invite.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=68853

@ChristianBergstrom ,

My company has a similar issue where when we invite someone to join a recurring meeting (e.g. during the meeting itself), this person would remain in subsequent meetings until manually removed. I want the person to be invited as a one-off, so ideally the person would automatically be removed once the meeting is over.

The feature you mentioned appear to do what I need. I was wondering how would I turn it on for my company?

Jason