Invitation redemption failed

Copper Contributor

So, new to Teams so apologies if these seem like simple problems that should be obvious to fix.

I have used teams as a guest using the web, not the app.  I have a 365 account (for Mac running Catalina 10.15.4) and subscription so decided to install the Teams app.  A prompt appeared as I logged in to the web stating "looks like you have an ID..." or words to that effect.  I downloaded and installed the app, but on opening Teams and signing in with my email the message reads "You've been invited to ORGANISATION NAME" and the continue button.  This seems odd as I am the organisation in question, why does it seem I am inviting somebody outside my organisation?  Anyway, on pressing continue, dialog box opens to review permissions.  Again odd.   Reviewing permissions for me to allow my own organisation to use my data.  On pressing accept I get the message "Invitation redemption failed.  Try again shortly."  Well I have been trying again now for around 4 hours with no joy. 

Whole process seems off somehow. It seems that I have invited somebody else to be on Teams, not simply installed the app on my own computer.

Clearly I have done something wrong, but what is it?

Thanks.

0 Replies