Incoming video doesn't always show on Teams for Mac

Copper Contributor

I've got two mac users in my organization, my CEO, and myself (so i can support the CEO apparently), and occasionally we both have an issue where in a 1-1 video call, the incoming video doesn't always come up. This happens initiating or receiving a video call, but to my knowledge has not occurred for a 'scheduled meeting'. I have remoted into the other end and verified that their video is indeed turned on, and they can see themselves. i have heard reports that if the call goes on long enough, eventually the video will appear (haven't seen this one myself, only had reports from the CEO). I have had the far end disable video and reenable, i have tried disabling incoming video and reenabling on the near end but that hasn't brought video up. the only solution seems to be to hang up, and call again... then usually both sides can see eachother.

The CEO has reported that other staff have had the issue on windows, but i have not heard from anyone else in the organization.

There was one instance of a call between the CEO and I. She called me, could not see me, we hung up and i called her, i could not see her, hung up and she called again, then we could both see eachother.

i've ruled out network, as it's happened both at home (on and off VPN), and in the office, and it happens with the CEO's personal mac as well as her work macbook.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've got O365 support stumped

4 Replies

Hello @DwnldDude  I've seen this type of issue reported on our bug site (Uservoice) but no solution has been offered.  The video works sometimes, right?  So you know the camera is working?

@ThereseSolimeno yep it works sometimes, and often all we have to do is hang up the call and re-initiate the call and usually it will work then.

@DwnldDude 

I'm also experiencing this problem. I know the video is working because I can join another call and it works, and sometimes it just starts working. 

@DwnldDude You are not alone !  Have exactly the same issue.  You made any progress in resolving ?