SOLVED

How to Save/Share a Chat?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I need to share a Teams chat conversion with someone else in my office via Outlook. Seems like that would be a basic function, but I can't find a button, menu item, etc. to do so. On Mac using Teams v 1.3.00.33671.

Thank you

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@troyjack Hello, these options are available (within Teams) Share to Outlook from Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

If applicable you can add the person to the group chat (in the chat top right corner "view and add participants") and select to include history from the past number of days (x) or include all chat history.

@ChristianBergstrom 
Does "Share to Outlook" only allow you to share a single comment, or am I doing something wrong?

When I select multiple comments, then click on "..." > "Share to Outlook" selection reduces only to the comment under the dots, and only adds single comment to email template that appears.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@troyjack Hello, these options are available (within Teams) Share to Outlook from Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

If applicable you can add the person to the group chat (in the chat top right corner "view and add participants") and select to include history from the past number of days (x) or include all chat history.

View solution in original post