SOLVED

How to remove a telephone number

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am stuck.. i have had a previous business Teams account with my employer which my personal mobile number was associated to, now i am trying to set up Teams on my personal email account but it keeps telling me i need to add a mobile number, yet when i do it blocks me as my number is already on another account.

i have tried to get the number removed by contacting others but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@boredwiththisissue Hello, this is the official support page for "This phone number is already taken. Sign in with that number or use a different one". As you'll see you can only have one phone number for one Microsoft account. Troubleshoot phone number already taken in Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Adding these on the topic as well.

Adding your phone number to a Microsoft account - Office Support

Change your phone number or email address - Office Support (microsoft.com)

You can use this site to see what accounts are associated with the phone number, or at least get a hint https://account.live.com/username/recover

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@boredwiththisissue Hello, this is the official support page for "This phone number is already taken. Sign in with that number or use a different one". As you'll see you can only have one phone number for one Microsoft account. Troubleshoot phone number already taken in Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Adding these on the topic as well.

Adding your phone number to a Microsoft account - Office Support

Change your phone number or email address - Office Support (microsoft.com)

You can use this site to see what accounts are associated with the phone number, or at least get a hint https://account.live.com/username/recover

View solution in original post