How To Hide a Team during a migration

Copper Contributor

I am doing a tenant to tenant migration of Teams. During this time, I need to hide the Team Site(s) from the users accessing them on the destination (target) tenant. Subsequently, once we make these sites available to the members on the target site, I will need to hide them from further use on the source (original) tenant. There are to many sites to go through and remove/re-add members at each stage. 

Does anyone have any solutions/suggestions/ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

2 Replies
How are you doing the migration? You could migrate just the content first and then add the users is this is something possible with the migration approach you are following

@Juan Carlos González Martín I am trying to avoid this as adding permissions to over 40 sites after the fact will be a large pain. I am using the Quest On Demand Migration tool for this. It can migrate the site structure and contents without the Team site permissions I am just hoping there is a simpler way to hide it from the users until we are ready to open this up to them. My think is along the lines of being able to hide a mailbox from the GAL in Exchange.