How do I change a Form status to Fill, from Edit

Copper Contributor

I've created a Form with some Questions and added as a Tab to a Channel.

The title is currently "Edit| Quiz..." how to i change it to "Fill| Quiz..."or whatever is needed so people can use it properly. I

This Help Page  shows how to create with a status of Edit, or how to add one already created, but there is no obvious (to me) way to change mine from Edit to Fill.

People are now using it via the Preview button, but it isn't the best 

Thanks

"Note: Each form tab will have an action status in front of the form title. In the following example, this survey is in the process of being created, so Edit is in front of the form title: Edit | Survey: Feedback on the New Tour."

14 Replies

@StuartWildman edit is designed for you and your team to collaborate on a Form together - this is whats known as a group form. To get the fill option you need to add a form that already exists. 

You can add another tab and then choose existing form then select the form that you have been editing. You can then remove the previous tab.

@SuleimanDC 

THanks for the answer.

Not the best UX, allowing you to create a Form as a new tab, but not set it to live.

Oh well we already have people using that form, at least I know for the next one, Create it, THEN add to a tab

Thanks

@StuartWildman I think it was designed for a team to collaborate on the design of a form and then for a member to publish the form elsewhere. You have a unique use case and I do think it should be catered for. If my previous response was helpful then please mark it as best response.

I am sorry, but its a bad UI experience. BTW, I tried to create a new form, but the previous form could not be found in the search option.

I am going back to a different form utility where things just work

@SuleimanDC I am trying to create a form for the rest of my team to fill out. I do not want them to edit it.

Sorry, I missed this. In this case you would add a form directly from the chat or you can create a form from forms.office.com and then share it in Teams.

@SuleimanDC 

for what it's worth, I agree with the others - this is bad UX and not intuitive. If you are adding a form to a 'Team', the expectation is that we want them to fill it out (not publish it somewhere else).

We want to:
- create the form (add form)

- this should take you to edit mode, where you create all your questions

- have the ability to either

- save for later

- publish to team

- publish somewhere else

So to clear, I can't go to a channel in Teams, create a survey(i.e. Form), ask the team to respond and see the results?  That is not a feature of Forms?  So what is the purpose of Forms then?

@SuleimanDC 

Hi, thank you for your replies in this thread. I am in a similar thought process as others in here regarding the use of forms. I would expect there to be a way to share the form once I have it ready (done Editing). I understand the adding a new tab and create from the "Edit" form, in order to get it to the "Fill" mode. How do I obtain the Excel output when it's in Fill mode? I am not seeing an option to export the results... Only seeing that in the Edit form.

I added the "Fill" form, tested it, and did not see the "Responses" tab. I did notice that the test response was recorded in the Responses under the "Edit" form. So... if we create the Fill, from the Edit. Then, delete the Edit... how do we get to the Responses?

@SuleimanDC After I change it to fill, how do I review the results?

If I do as you suggest and delete the Edit form, then how do I see the results?  

T@SuleimanDC 

@StuartWildman , frustrating and not intuative at all,

To get around the issue, I used the drop down option in the top tap, and renamed the file. (Deleted EDIT.)

I have done this on other forms and it has not hampered the data collection at all.

Cluncky and not ideal, but it works for me.

Thanks

@StuartWildman I realize this is an old question but in Forms today you have the "Collect Responses" button.  

McGeeks_0-1697664207512.png

It gives you this (picture will be your form not mine): 

McGeeks_1-1697664281420.png

When selecting the link tab (top left above the picture of the form), the green "Copy Link" button will be on the upper right side of that tab.  Copy that link and send it to those you wish to fill out the form, or add it to a Teams site, or put the link on an HTML page, or all of the above, whatever you want to do with it.  That will be a fillable form.

The only caveat that I can think of is that if the person you're sending it to is marked as a collaborator on building the form, they might get edit permissions.  I'm uncertain of that.  But if they are, they know they can also click the "Preview" button on the edit version and get the fillable version as well if they want to submit a response.

Regards,

McGeeks

@StuartWildman  This is the first time I've played with this featuer. I ended up selecting "Anyone can respond" in the settings and then asked the team to go to Preview, do the selections, then click Submit. It saved the answers. May only be a temporary work-around...but seemed to get the results I need. :)

Ginger2020_0-1711639525268.png

Ginger2020_2-1711639807446.png