SOLVED

How can I delete a quick form in teams???

Copper Contributor

I just made a quick form from my teams app to a general channel in my teams... and it posted twice! How can I delete one? This is very embarrassing!

the “...” on the post doesn’t have a delete option!!!

I'm going mad. 

15 Replies

@Nigel_Christian did you mean you created a Form in MS Forms? Or something else? I created an MS Form to test this and it appeared only once. Is there no 'Delete' option from the three dot menu on the right of the post? 

I created it in Teams in the main General Channel using the quick forms thing, where you type “@Forms” in the box and it all appears. This is Microsoft forms but a quick version of it. And no, no option to delete. :(
Hi guys,

Tested it this evening. Was interested in this.

You can delete the form itself if you go to forms.office.com, log in, go to group forms and delete the form itself. However, this doesn't delete the form in Teams. Nothing does, there is no option as stated by @Andrew Warland

There is a uservoice open for it here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36888451-can-t-delete-quick-po...

I would vote to push it up the agenda. I'll also raise it directly with the Team

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Nigel_Christian Did you find a solution for this?

@jaindev Hi, as mentioned you need to go to https://forms.microsoft.com/ and delete the "poll". As per today it isn't possible from within Teams but on the backlog at least.

Hi @ChristianBergstrom 

It is already deleted from there but it keeps showing in my Channel and people are continuously interacting with it, resulting in a mess. 

I wish I can at least hide it from there.

@jaindev Hi, had to do a test and see what you mean.

This poll does not exist.

Will update if I find out a way of doing it.

Hi @ChristianBergstrom 

Thanks a lot. Yes, indeed this is the problem that I was talking about.

@jaindev Hello again, as mentioned in this conversation there's no way to do it (not then and not now) so all you can do really is to vote on this UV https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18684091-delete-bot-messages to push it up and to get updated when status changes as well.

@ChristianBergstrom The link you posted looks like it's for Polly until you realise that it's for anything posted by a bot. So it's the right link but the problem is worse than I thought! I've upvoted and asked all the people on my team to do it too.

@philmills Hi, yeah. They usually merge several similar issues into one UserVoice and therefore the topic can look a bit misleading sometimes.

Please respond to this request as I have encountered the same problem (i.e., Please share clear and simple step-by-step instructions to delete a poll posted in a Teams channel created using Forms).  There is no simple option to delete the post by selecting the three dots in the upper right of the poll posting.  Thank you.  @ChristianBergstrom 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Robert_Cario Hello, this is my new account. Well, it seems as things have changed when looking at it now. If you are the owner of the team and have the setting "Owners can delete all messages" the three dots will appear and the form/quick poll can be deleted. When I tried this a year ago or something like that it still showed the poll with "this poll has been deleted".

So, you need to be owner of team with above check box under the team settings and can be set per team or by using Teams messaging policy.

-AllowOwnerDeleteMessages (this one controls if the checkbox will be selected or not)

Setting that determines whether or not owners can delete messages that they or other members of the team have posted.

Set-Team (MicrosoftTeamsPowerShell) | Microsoft Docs

-AllowOwnerDeleteMessage (this one controls if the checkbox should be visible or not)

Determines whether owners are allowed to delete all the messages in their team. Set this to TRUE to allow. Set this to FALSE to prohibit.

Set-CsTeamsMessagingPolicy (SkypeForBusiness) | Microsoft Docs

Hi, I also have the same issue to delete the Poll I create using forms in a wrong group chat

@ChristianJBergstrom , that worked, 

I created a new messaging policy and enabled this setting. In out-of-the-box policy, that is turned off by default. 

darkrai_1-1662974912936.png

I assigned it to one of my Teams Owners and the delete button is now visible. 

darkrai_0-1662974876142.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Robert_Cario Hello, this is my new account. Well, it seems as things have changed when looking at it now. If you are the owner of the team and have the setting "Owners can delete all messages" the three dots will appear and the form/quick poll can be deleted. When I tried this a year ago or something like that it still showed the poll with "this poll has been deleted".

So, you need to be owner of team with above check box under the team settings and can be set per team or by using Teams messaging policy.

-AllowOwnerDeleteMessages (this one controls if the checkbox will be selected or not)

Setting that determines whether or not owners can delete messages that they or other members of the team have posted.

Set-Team (MicrosoftTeamsPowerShell) | Microsoft Docs

-AllowOwnerDeleteMessage (this one controls if the checkbox should be visible or not)

Determines whether owners are allowed to delete all the messages in their team. Set this to TRUE to allow. Set this to FALSE to prohibit.

Set-CsTeamsMessagingPolicy (SkypeForBusiness) | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post