SOLVED

Failed to send

Copper Contributor

We are having errors in Microsoft Teams. Me and my coworkers can't send messages in Teams.

We get "failed to send"

How can we fix this?

36 Replies

I am experiencing the same issue at my office but not at my home. Can this be associated with a firewall? We had new internet installed last week and new hardware added. I tried posting in multiple groups and received and failed to post errors. No problems with any other apps that we have noticed. Skype and Zoom running as expected but Teams is not allowing me to post content from the office location.

@MANSEL645 Still no solution since March? It's hard for users to move forward to a paid Teams system. For them Skype still better or Whatsapp. Pls have the bridge fixed so that less hassle for IT dept to have my user convinced. Thx. 

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@antlvk 

This is not a problem since March, the 75M Teams do not have an issue. At the time of the original message in this thread there was an outage at Microsoft, it lasted a few hours and is long gone now.

In general the failed to send error would imply your network is blocking access to some of the Teams messaging URLs, perhaps through a proxy or other network device. Try it in a browser and bring up the F11 debug tools and you'll quickly see which addresses are not responding.

Nothing has been solved up till now. Not great.
Mine has enable external still cant send or receive anything from outside. No proxy. Msg between internal in multiple location no problem. only No skype no external Teams.
Twitter.com
I just did a ipconfig /renew and it allowed me to send a message.
I am having this issue now. Everything was fine but at some point, my phone quit being able to send messages. I still receive them, but I can't reply or like or anything. It doesn't matter if I'm home or out. I can send and receive fine on my laptop. I tried removing the app, rebooting, and reinstalling. That made it work again for a few hours, but then it quit again. The only thing that changed about my connection is I switched to Tmobile. But it does it on wifi too.

Having the same problem today, can't send a message only to a single coworker. If I do a 3 people conversation including that coworker, it works. He's "Online".

Doesn't work with my cellphone also.

2021-02-17 14_14_23-Clavardage _ Microsoft Teams.jpg
2021-02-17 14_36_31-Clavardage _ Microsoft Teams.jpg

@MANSEL645 i was in class im in 3rd grade well relly 4rh grade anyways i try to say something when we was doing a test my teacer called me and my classmate names i cold not unmute or say something in the chat box my classmate said yes in the chat box next min my teacer ms reid kikde me out and i told her the problem she said ok and i try to type in the chatbox i said yes and it said faild to send.

and how to kick a presenter out when your an atendee
I am also getting periodic "Failed to Send" messages. I have yet to be able to detect a pattern, and after resending and then stopping the attempts the message remains onscreen with no indication if one of the attempts went through or not.

My situation is complicated because the meeting I attend every day has me joining as a guest, and there is no way to access the menus to configure options like notifications. I sometimes have to retry joining a few times. I reset and checked by TCP/IP settings and everything seems to be as it should be.

We had this issue in one of our Teams chats. The issue ended being one of the users in the chat was no longer with the company, that account had been either disabled/not enabled/allowed to login, and the mailbox had been converted to shared inbox. 'Sign-in Blocked'

Immediately after removing the problem user from the chat, attachments to the teams chat started working and no longer 'failed to send'

Hello, first week of 2022 and I've gotten this error message multiple times. Apparently only on mobile (app) version but the issue is clearly still unresolved.

@graemenoble thanks for sharing this, it solved the issue for me. Had tried a few things, so appreciate your reply

@BenMayCould you please specify, what all steps you have tried to resolve this issue.
Thanks

2023, still no workaround. It's. a shame what lazy developers have gone into. Not even possible to tell us in a clear way whats not working on the app millions of people are forced to use. Sadly nobody get the tremendous impact it has when you just cant chat with your team, when this app is designed to chat with others.

What a pitty and absolute shame. The light it brings to Microsoft will never be positive again. And businesses rely on it