SOLVED

External invites to calendar teams account

Copper Contributor

Hello!

At one of our customers we have some trouble setting up a meetingroomaccount for teams.
We made a resource mailbox and added a Exchange Online and a meetingroom license.
When accounts from the same portal plans a meeting it shows up in the calendar of the teams app in the meetingroom account.
But if external people try to plan a meeting it doesn't show up in the calendar.
The teams setting for external access enabled.

What am i overlooking?

Kind regards,

Richard

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Richard53 

I am not sure if the External User can send the meeting invite and that will show up on the calendar of the meeting room or not. As per my understanding only internal users can book a meeting room. But as a workaround you can try the below steps:-

External person will be doing a meeting with a in company user. In that case ask the in company user to forward the invite to the meeting room and this should work.

With Regards,

Satish U

@RealTime_M365, sorry to open up an old question again, but I can't make this work as when the in-company person forwards the meeting to the Room mailbox the invite is sent 'on behalf of' and is therefore not accepted by the Room mailbox as it's still showing as external. Do you know of another work around?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @Richard53 

I am not sure if the External User can send the meeting invite and that will show up on the calendar of the meeting room or not. As per my understanding only internal users can book a meeting room. But as a workaround you can try the below steps:-

External person will be doing a meeting with a in company user. In that case ask the in company user to forward the invite to the meeting room and this should work.

With Regards,

Satish U

View solution in original post