Exporting list of Team members without coding

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm just a regular joe Teams owner - not and IT person. Is there anyway to export the list of members from Teams without coding? (I saw the answer from 2020 about looking at your list of groups in outlook and generating an em from there, but the 2 Teams I'd like to extract members from don't appear in my groups list). thanks!

10 Replies
If you have admin permissions, you can export the list via the Teams admin center, or PowerShell. If not, it's a bit more complicated. There are some workarounds via Outlook, but those require the Team to be "visible" therein, which doesn't seem to be the case. Instead, consider using a Flow, such as the one here: https://emea.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/2cc5e634806746aba3d303c3e905001c/ge...

Or you can open the Team Members page, select all text via CTRL+A, then copy/paste. It will require some cleanup, but at least it doesn't involve using any other tools :)

WHY IS IT SO F%#F$#@# HARD TO GET A LIST OF MEMBERS FOR A MICROSOFT TEAM?  WHY does microsoft make such crap?!  WHy not just allow when you're listing the group in teams, something simple  -- like copy / paste -- So that you can generate an email, paste the $@$#!# names in and BAM super simple, you've got an email, you can send it to the entire group.   I've been F$@!!ing with this for 45 min and still can't send a simple email to my team. Why do I have to go to powershell, run a script or go to any other software other than TEAMS to do this crap? 

I feel for you...why is everything so hard and difficult. MS stop focusing on the shinny objects and build functionality that works and makes sense for users.

@Vasil Michev copy and paste puts it into one column for me in Excel - NOT USEFUL!

Agreed! I am supposed to have 180 people in my group but there are only 120. This is a database - why can you not simply right click on members and export to Excel or CSV?!!! There is no simple way to find out which people are missing from my group - this is a time waster for me!
Hey Psharer,

With flow you can leverage the Office groups and get a json containing user information and then create a for each that creates a new entry in a table. With this it is possible to create a template file that is a blank table and then fill in all the necessary information.

I do know that there was a list member in the teams connector but at this moment it is not working as intended. This has the ability to use flow to get the team members but at the moment the integration is not working as intended.

The graph api method is still working but maybe cumbersome to achieve without proper API knowledge.

My best bet is on the Office groups and then a for each that adds it to an excel table.

@TimBosch thanks for your response. I'm not an IT person so coding is definitely not my area.  I was looking for a simple solution, which either isn't working now as you said or not yet developed.

@PSharer If you are just wanting a list of names and email addresses, you could try this:

1. Go to https://portal.azure.com/
  2. In the Search bar, enter the name of the Teams Channel
  3. Select the Team which should appear under the Microsoft Entra ID section. It should be classified as a group.
  4. On the left navigation bar, select Members (under Manage).
  5. On the top horizontal row of tabs, select the drop-down arrow for the Bulk operations tab.
  6. Select Download members.

Download Teams Members.PNG

@Val_S330 OMG!!! This is AMAZING ... works like a charm!  I've been banging my head against this particular brick wall for two plus years, and thought I'd tried pretty much every ugly, time consuming work-around.  But this worked a treat, and in about 60 seconds.  You're a wonder @Val_S330 :D  You've made my day!

@Elaine246 Glad you liked the solution!