SOLVED

Editing the Wiki in the Android App?

Brass Contributor

I opened the app on my chromebook and went to edit the Wiki in one of my channels, but everything was grayed out - no editing allowed.  The browser version did allow editing.  I have the app because phone calls don't work from the browser. I'm away from my desktop so I don't know how it works on the desktop app.  Just noting that I'm having this problem in the android app. Anyone else? Is there a way to fix this, or is this an intentional lack of functionality?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Tamara_B-W (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Tamara

Currently working on it per this uservoice

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32634700-enable-editing-of-wik...

If you vote on it it’ll email you when the status changes :D

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris
Thank you! I voted.
Is it available on any mobile platform — app, browser, etc? Or through SharePoint? I noticed the UserVoice was from 2017; I know there’s a lot that goes into it and certain features, integrations, and action items or fixes get prioritized over others, but is it available (editing a wiki) in any way other than the PC app? Or is there a work around through SharePoint?

Sidebar - it would be great if one could tag a task or list or meeting or chat or something in all other areas; like cite the task without copying the link (maybe some sort of reference ID that triggers it. Or just using @ and it searching for the name of the event, task, or meeting, or something… that would be great. And being able to tag yourself in wiki like elsewhere. We use it for action item and agendas and I can’t tag myself; granted I know who I am but having thr consistency would help with adoption.

Anyway. Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tamara_B-W (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi Tamara

Currently working on it per this uservoice

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32634700-enable-editing-of-wik...

If you vote on it it’ll email you when the status changes :D

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post