SOLVED

Dual screen setup

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

I'm a teacher who wants to use Teams as software to give his online lectures. I have two screens and I was wondering if it is at all possible to share one screen with the online textbook, while still seeing my students on the other screen. This way I can make sure they are paying attention.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by simondhoest (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @simondhoest,

Yes is completely possible to have that scenario, you can share the secondary screen and move the application that you want to share to that screen and in the primary monitor just use the Teams to show your students.

You also need to do by activating the new meetings experience every meeting will pop out meaning you can push this to another screen and have teams client on the other!
Go to your profile in teams -> settings -> Turn in new meetings experience

Best Regards,
Nuno Árias Silva
MVP Office Apps and Services
https://www.nuno-silva.net

@Nuno Silva 

Thank you very much for your fast and full response!

@Nuno Silva 

I just found this when doing a search on Dual Screen functionality in Teams. Is Dual Screens a fully supported feature in Teams yet? Our Teams software is up to date, however I am not given the option to activate the new meetings experience in my settings

I do not see this setting anywhere.  I can share one screen, but then the meeting screen shrinks and moves to the other screen.  I can see one participant at a time and I cannot see chat.  @NicoleMcL 

I'm also not finding "Turn on new meetings experience" in my Settings on the Desktop version in Windows 10 and when I share screen, the participants window shrinks to a tiny window showing only the last person who spoke. I'm trying to move off of Zoom, but this is a deal breaker that makes teaching and/or facilitating meetings almost impossible.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by simondhoest (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @simondhoest,

Yes is completely possible to have that scenario, you can share the secondary screen and move the application that you want to share to that screen and in the primary monitor just use the Teams to show your students.

You also need to do by activating the new meetings experience every meeting will pop out meaning you can push this to another screen and have teams client on the other!
Go to your profile in teams -> settings -> Turn in new meetings experience

Best Regards,
Nuno Árias Silva
MVP Office Apps and Services
https://www.nuno-silva.net

View solution in original post