SOLVED

Delete Chat Draft

Copper Contributor

I copy-pasted ~10MB of text data in a 1-1 chat and it's basically bricked the whole program. I've killed it through task manager however when it opens the memory usage just explodes well past the 10MB. It becomes unresponsive and then the process disappears. I assume the process is being killed by the OS.

I'm wondering where Teams stores draft messages? I was hoping I'd be able to just delete that file and be able to use teams again.

8 Replies
best response confirmed by vip-ehowlett (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I was able to fix it by reinstalling. Still would like to be able to simple delete the chat draft.

Just click on another chat and it should work. By the way, there is an upcoming feature that is realted to store Drafts in chats so you dont' forget things
It wont, because it keeps a draft of the message. Maybe the mobile version, or mac version is different, but on windows 10, it just keeps trying to load the draft.
I also faced similar issue simplest way I felt was signing out and signing in will fix this issue

I've just had a play with this, and it appears you can just delete the contents of %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Local Storage\leveldb and it will delete pending drafts. I know this particular one is resolved but hopefully this answer will help people looking for this solution in future.

Hello Kaideejee,
I ran into the same problem. I deleted the contents of the folder as you suggested, and now my problem is resolved without having to uninstall/reinstall Teams. Thank you!

@kaideejee You provided a really helpful advisement in the chat. However, I would like to view all chat drafts prior to deleting them. I work in about 20 channels and upwards of 40 individual chats, and in the rush of the day I will start a message and forget to send, or I'll think I've sent it and haven't. Maybe a week later I'll come back to that channel to see the "Continue your draft" at the top. I would love it if there is a way to view any possible drafts.

I resolved the issue by selecting "Format" and then clicking the Delete icon.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vip-ehowlett (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I was able to fix it by reinstalling. Still would like to be able to simple delete the chat draft.

View solution in original post