SOLVED

Delete an inviation

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I invited a user to join my Microsoft Teams via email a few months ago. The collaboration did not happen, so he did not accept the email invitation. However, it is still displayed to me under "pending". Is there any way to delete this invitation?

Thank you very much and best regards
Oliver

3 Replies
best response confirmed by oliver9797 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,

thank you! I find a way, to delete the invitation: Just klick on "Manage organization" and than you can also delete invitations. Very interesting. :)

Best regards,
Oliver

Hello,

Yes, there is a way to delete the pending invitation in Microsoft Teams. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open Microsoft Teams and sign in to your account.
  2. In the left sidebar, click on the "Teams" tab to view your teams and channels.
  3. Scroll down to the "Join or create a team" section.
  4. Click on the three-dot menu (...) next to the team name for which you sent the invitation.
  5. From the drop-down menu, select "Manage team."
  6. In the "Manage" tab, click on the "Pending requests" option on the left sidebar.
  7. You should see the pending invitation(s) listed there. Find the invitation you want to delete.
  8. Click on the three-dot menu (...) next to the invitation.
  9. From the options, select "Delete request" or "Remove request" to remove the invitation.

By following these steps, you should be able to delete the pending invitation from your Microsoft Teams account. If you encounter any issues or the invitation doesn't get removed, you can also try reaching out to Microsoft Teams support for further assistance.

Best regards,
Rohit Kumar
Wellness Hub  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by oliver9797 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello,

thank you! I find a way, to delete the invitation: Just klick on "Manage organization" and than you can also delete invitations. Very interesting. :)

Best regards,
Oliver

View solution in original post