SOLVED

Company Meeting in Teams

Copper Contributor

I am trying to understand limits in teams, but I am having a little trouble understanding the actual limits and what might be possible.

We had a request to look into running a company meeting on teams in which the presenters would be on webcam.  From the following link, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meetings-and-calls  it seems the limit for when webcams or audio is involved, it should be a limit of 20 users.   We have been doing training where we have up to 24 people in a meeting with webcams/audio, which is making the 20 limit seem off to me.

We have about 200 employees, so I was trying to see if a team meeting could handle that when we are all viewing a presenter webcam.

Then I thought, "maybe we should use a live event." I did a test with that with a few people, without an eCDN. How many people can a live event handle without an eCDN? I don't want to go overkill, suggesting that we need things only an organization with 1000+ employees need.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by bestsportnascar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

20 is the limit for meetings started from a chat (groupchat)

Teams meeting has a limit of 300 participants and they can have video, but only 9 simoultanious videostreams right now. (49 is coming)

Live events has a limit of 20 000 right now due to Covid-19 (normally 10 000) although this has a different purpose. Only dedicated presenters can use audio/video and attendees can only stream the live event, use moderated QnA etc..

Adam

@adam deltinger That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bestsportnascar (Copper Contributor)
Solution

20 is the limit for meetings started from a chat (groupchat)

Teams meeting has a limit of 300 participants and they can have video, but only 9 simoultanious videostreams right now. (49 is coming)

Live events has a limit of 20 000 right now due to Covid-19 (normally 10 000) although this has a different purpose. Only dedicated presenters can use audio/video and attendees can only stream the live event, use moderated QnA etc..

Adam

View solution in original post