SOLVED

Cant attach Files created in Teams Files to a Team Chat.

Copper Contributor

I am new to Teams. I have created a couple of docs in Teams files. But when I go to attach a file in Chat, I only get two options: OneDrive and MyComputer. I can easily attach these same files to my Outlook email. Any thoughts about why not in Chat? 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi! Because private chat is based on OneDrive, so everything you share here will be shared from or copied to and shared from your OneDrive. And you don’t want you Team site files also in your OneDrive (multiple versions) in this case just go and share those files from the SharePoint interface, ( files -> open in SharePoint) to those persons too. This feature is coming later so you can share explicitly from Teams too

Adam
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi! Because private chat is based on OneDrive, so everything you share here will be shared from or copied to and shared from your OneDrive. And you don’t want you Team site files also in your OneDrive (multiple versions) in this case just go and share those files from the SharePoint interface, ( files -> open in SharePoint) to those persons too. This feature is coming later so you can share explicitly from Teams too

Adam

View solution in original post