SOLVED

Can’t join a team on Microsoft team

Copper Contributor
I can’t join a team on Microsoft teams. I can’t join via the invite link or with the provided code. I am receiving an error message “something went wrong, try again later”
6 Replies
Is this as a guest user or is it a team in your own org?

Adam
I am trying to join as a guest user
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Codes doesn’t work for guests.

Have you received the invitation email?
Also make sure to accept the invite with the same email address as the invitation was created to.
Do you use teams with that account already?

Hi so I am currently logged in to Teams using my University student email. I can't join the respective Teams for modules. Neither the invite codes nor the invite links work. I have logged out of all Microsoft emails on Outlook, except for the student email. The invite link redirects to the app, only to show the "Join or create a team" page and nothing else. Using the invite code gives the error "Couldn't join this team with that code. Double-check the code or try another one."

I have no idea what's wrong and why I can't join the Teams. Help would be much appreciated

@adam deltinger I can't join MS Teams not as visitor, nor as host

Signing-in I get : "we run into difficulties"

Pls help me out

Andre

ms13106@winoffice.365.com

andre@winoffice.365.com

never used it before. We use most of the time Zoom but this client wants to use MS Team
I clicked the invitation and got "we run into difficulties"
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Codes doesn’t work for guests.

Have you received the invitation email?
Also make sure to accept the invite with the same email address as the invitation was created to.
Do you use teams with that account already?

View solution in original post