SOLVED

Can't disable chat in Teams Live Event?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

in Skype Meeting Broadcast you could disable chat for a planned event.  I can't find this feaure back in Teams Live Event?  Anyone?  Thx!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

Is it the meeting chat used for presenters and producers in the Live Event you want to disable?

LE-Chat.png

Linus Cansby_0-1582139970946.png

If it is that chat it is not possible to disable it, but that it not sent out to the viewers, it is only used by producers and presenters and can be very useful during a live event.

For viewers there is a Q&A function and that can be turned on or off when you schedule the meeting. Can can also choose when the Q&A should be open during the meeting.

@Linus Cansby Clear.  Thx!

Hi@Linus Cansby , As per the below link, the participants should be able to see chat option, but it is not happening, could you please let me know are participants in Teams live event can join Chat? if they can join what are the settings we need to do to enable it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/roles-in-live-events

@Fayaz446 I think they copied the document for meetings and forgot to edit it, it also mentions meeting notes that you don't have in a live event.

Ok , thank you.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

Is it the meeting chat used for presenters and producers in the Live Event you want to disable?

LE-Chat.png

Linus Cansby_0-1582139970946.png

If it is that chat it is not possible to disable it, but that it not sent out to the viewers, it is only used by producers and presenters and can be very useful during a live event.

For viewers there is a Q&A function and that can be turned on or off when you schedule the meeting. Can can also choose when the Q&A should be open during the meeting.

View solution in original post