Can not turn off teams notifications on ios.

Copper Contributor

We have calls coming in via teams and having this annoying issue with the app on the iPhone.
Users can’t seem to switch off the calls at the end of the day or if they are at their desk.
This feature worked around January time. On the app ,we used to be able to go to Notifications > General activity > and toggle off the individual notifications.
Now for some reason the calls keep coming through although the calls notification toggle is off and it only seems to happen on apple phones. Seems to work ok on android.
Tried multiple teams accounts iPhone multiple devices.

Any idea what the issue is? I cant seem to find much online about this but I do see a lot of people complaining in 2020 about not being able to switch off call notifications on the phone app. It seems in response to this Microsoft developed this feature.

9 Replies
@MS-42 Sorry you're having trouble with the app. We have fixed this issue and it will be available in the latest build. Once you see an update please install and let us know your experience.

@Tushar Pathak what build of iOS Teams is this fixed on? 

@Tushar Pathak 

We have tested the release up to Version 3.5.0 and this version does not seem to have resolved the issue.

Which version do we need to look for?

Please understand this issue is very annoying as our staff would like to keep receiving messages in the evenings from their colleagues but do not want their phones constantly alerting them to phone calls that keep on ringing.

Extremely disappointed that a company like Microsoft was not able to resolve this issue quickly enough. It has been going on for months now!!

Overall it seems like the whole teams venture and phone system integration was a side hustle as Microsoft do not seem very dedicated to providing the same quality in teams as they do with their other applications.

@Tushar Pathak   - any update on this we are still seeing this issue.   Turning off all notifications works at the iOS level but otherwise still seeing this.

Teams version is:  3.10.77

iOS version is 14.4.1

thanks, Scott

@sc0ttc0  @Tushar Pathak 

Common! please resolve this issue and tell us which version it will work on and when that version will be released.

I am surprised no one from Microsoft bothers to reply in a timely manner. 

Regret moving to teams calling !

Any updates on the iOS Teams App fix? I don't want to turn off all notifications.

@MS-42 

We actually would like a little more sophisticated solution on mobile devices....

A day by day schedule where business days and working hours could be set like:

* mon 09:30 - 17:00

* tue 09:00 - 16:30

* wed 08:45 - 17:00

* thu 09:30 - 17:00

* fri 09:30 - 16:00

* sat CLOSED

* sun CLOSED

* exception list: [members allowed to call 24x7]

People often have one cell phone so it would be nice if business hours can be set in the app, the exception list is for company emergency situations (for the boss and coworkers in the same dept).

It could also just be taken from Outlooks Working Hours.

Hi, This issue still persists, it has not been fixed. Please confirm what version this fix has been applied to?
Teams 4.1.0
iOS 15.2.1

It would be cool to see this fixed, but for now I had to delete Teams from all my IOS devices. I'm sure Teams turning notifications back on by itself every day is driving more than a few people crazy. Wish I could help @EHC