Bug with Sharepoint tab always loads default Files location unless reloaded

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am in the process of migrating a team from Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 and Sharepoint is a huge part of what makes it possible, but right now there is a bug that is very annoying and inconvenient with the Sharepoint tab where no matter what Document library I link it to, it always loads the "Files" tab path unless I click on reload tab.

I need to link a tab to a specific Document library or folder and this is not making it easy without breaking the Sharepoint Teams collaboration experience.

Here's a video showing what happens.

I ask that someone fixes this quickly because right now all my options are not working properly:

Sharpoint tab does this;

Link to Sharepoint folder works but does not full screen Office documents and the close button disappears, have to reload tab to exit;
And the Document Library tab also works but is missing a lot of options including the "sync" button that is very important.

Hope you can help.

3 Replies
Have you reported the problem in the desktop app? (Help circle on the lower left corner)

@Therese_Solimeno You mean report a bug as "Feedback" so it can get ignored along all the other "feedbacks"?

No I haven't because it's a sure way to never get a response or a solution to issues that matter. I'll have no issue sending the bug report there too but I am 100% sure I'll NEVER get a response or a solution from it.

It's true that the engineering team is not able to respond to every bug report. But they don't ignore - we rely on users to report what's happening in the field and I can tell you firsthand that they get worked on in earnest based on priority and resources available. It's up to you to decide if you want your voice to be heard.