BUG Makes Teams Unusable for me

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Microsoft Teams Plugin for Outlook has been working perfectly fine and now all of a sudden stopped working with the above error.

We use Microsoft 365 accounts for Teams but not for e-mail. The e-mail in outlook is tied to our company and not 365.

Error: 'The user account in Outlook and Teams do not match. Please make sure you are signed in to both application with the same user name and privileges'

Nothing changed, other then I am guessing Teams Updated!

To add, this makes teams absolutely unusable for me since Teams makes it so hard to create a New Meeting without having attendees. I just want a link to paste into my e-mail and even that is not possible without jumping through hoops.

8 Replies
So we have several end users report this exacted fault over the past couple of days. So i assume this problem is going to be fairly wide spread for anyone using a teams account with a different email address to the exchange account they use in outlook.

Can we get a comment from MS on this?
Same issue here !

We have Azure AD completely separated from our on-premise AD / Exchange servers (not even an hybrid-setup, nothing is synchronized).

We manually create users in Azure AD with @Contoso.onmicrosoft.fr. These accounts are only used for MS Teams.
On-premise, users have a @Contoso.com email address.

Up until recently, we had no issue with creating meeting from Outlook in Teams.

Now, some users are facing with "The user account in Outlook and Teams do not match. Please make sure you are signed in to both application with the same user name and privileges"

The issue is seen only by a handful of people right now, but I fear more and more users will be impacted.

Thank you.
I am doing some reverse engineering on the plugin. The plugin itself is the issue, not Outlook and not Teams, although Teams does update the plugin.

The latest version simply has a setting "ShowWarningOnTeamsAccountComparisionFail" which is defaulting to True. I'm working on a fix and will post ASAP.

POSSIBLE FIX:
Open %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\settings.json
Find "meetingAddinEnableTeamsAccountComparison" in the json file, and change the corresponding value to "false".

Like this:

To: "meetingAddinEnableTeamsAccountComparison":false

A temp fix is to edit %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams\Settings.Json

Find meetingAddinEnableTeamsAccountComparison and set the value to 'false'.

It will work instantly without needing to restart Outlook. The issue is that this file gets reverted when Teams is restarted. You can set to ReadOnly at your own risk.
Hello there! Thank you for the updates so far - may I ask what is the plan to propogate this fix globally? Regards, Sid

@Rio_730 Trying to update the May 13 Office and Windows updates might fix the problem.