SOLVED

Best Device to use for teaching with Teams.

Brass Contributor

What is the best device to buy (that will allow me to access Teams, hopefully, utilize Smart Notebook, access the web, etc) that will allow me to write directly on the screen (websites, documents...)? I want to be able to record my screen for instructional video purposes AND share my screen in Team meetings with students (while still being able to write on anything...not just the whiteboard in Teams)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @Fraser Beadle

Would recommend a Surface

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/surface

I currently have a Surface Laptop. I hold classes in Microsoft Teams, use the Whiteboard and the surface is a touch screen so you can draw on the Whiteboard or on Office Documents. You would record Microsoft Teams meetings with Microsoft Stream and the Cloud recording functionality and Teams allows you to share screen within meeting and you would draw on the office document if sharing the whole screen. Smart Notebook works on Windows 10 so would also work on a surface

Surface is optimised for Office 365 applications and you'll get the best experience of Teams with it

Hope that helps

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @Fraser Beadle

Would recommend a Surface

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/surface

I currently have a Surface Laptop. I hold classes in Microsoft Teams, use the Whiteboard and the surface is a touch screen so you can draw on the Whiteboard or on Office Documents. You would record Microsoft Teams meetings with Microsoft Stream and the Cloud recording functionality and Teams allows you to share screen within meeting and you would draw on the office document if sharing the whole screen. Smart Notebook works on Windows 10 so would also work on a surface

Surface is optimised for Office 365 applications and you'll get the best experience of Teams with it

Hope that helps

Best, Chris

View solution in original post