SOLVED

Application Window Flickering during Screen Sharing

Copper Contributor

Not sure if it's related to the May 2020 build however we are seeing severe screen flickering issues when sharing an application window, especially applications that use graphics hardware acceleration (e.g. Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit).  Tried the proverbial, disable GPU, re-enable GPU in Settings.  Has anyone else seen this?

6 Replies
best response confirmed by jpeterpra (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have had one user report this problem to me. For now, sharing the desktop rather than the particular window solves the issue but it would be nice not to have to use this work-around. 

tiffanylynn_0-1590071070590.png

@jpeterpra yes we are having this issue. Did you find a solution? Sharing desktop not application doesn't resolve the problem.

I'm having the same problem here on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, with Intel HD 5000 GPU.

This bug started with the latest updates I've made. Since I did it through Lenovo Vantage app it had several drivers updated at once, so difficult to pinpoint where the problem might come from:

- Realtek Integrated Camera Driver (Windows 10 Version 1803 or later)

- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

- Intel Management Engine 9.5 Firmware for non_vPro

- Intel WLAN Driver for 7260

- Synaptics UltraNav Driver

@Alice_Harveyjaws Our solution was suggested by @tiffanylynn above.  Share your entire desktop instead of an application window.  In addition we also found that Teams has problems with monitors with a resolution higher than 1920x1080.  Sharing a screen of 1920x1080 resolution seems to address the issue.

@jpeterpra Mine is 1920x1080 and still flickers while using the pplication window. Sometimes this is needed like when I am presenting and also taking notes, so everybody just sees what I am showing not what I am writing. 

None of the suggestion here did the trick for me. I was able to fix it, however, by disabling HDR on my monitor. I hope that helps.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jpeterpra (Copper Contributor)
Solution

I have had one user report this problem to me. For now, sharing the desktop rather than the particular window solves the issue but it would be nice not to have to use this work-around. 

tiffanylynn_0-1590071070590.png

View solution in original post