SOLVED

Adding an existing whiteboard to a Team channel

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add an existing whiteboard to a channel within a new Team?

I created my whiteboard a few weeks ago but now i've created a team to work with colleagues across my business and I want to share my whiteboard as a tab on the General channel of the new Team.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

11 Replies
best response confirmed by JonSaward (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Afaik no, that experience only allows you to create a new WB. You could try the web tab and insert the url? Adam
Of course! Done - in 20 seconds and working great. Thanks Adam :o)
Happy to help :)

@adam deltinger I have a similar ask. I have several whiteboards attached to various meetings. I would like to move them all under a single Teams channel. Can you explain what you mean by the web tab and where to get the url? Thank you very much.

@Sobble If you click the + to add select website

JulieMiller1265_0-1673483181135.pngImage is of Add a Tab popup showing a pink square with a gridded circle on it and "website" under the circle.

@JulieMiller1265 

How do I know where my already-created board is currently stored? I simply created a board, but I have no idea where it is or what the URL to its location is.

@Darrell_Cyphers 

You'll find them in your OneDrive in the "Whiteboards" folder. You can also check the sharing dialog to get the filename (.whiteboard) and the URI for the location:

2023-03-13_12h21_18.png

Another workaround for this:
You can also save your existing whiteboard as a template (while in the whiteboard: Ellipses --> Templates --> My Templates --> Create new template), which will save the whiteboard you're in as a template.

Now you can add your new "template" with all of the content into any other Teams chat or channel you like.

Hi! @Michelle_Firth I still don't see the templates when I add the whiteboard. I'm only able to create a new whiteboard. How do you see your templates? Thanks!

@judydom you might not have whiteboards configured to give you a template option when you create a new one. If you click the ellipses --> "Templates", do you see the option for templates now?

Michelle_Firth_0-1702691485961.png

@DanielKlicks 

Daniel, a very belated thanks for your answer to my question. I've found them, so I now have a way to add them to a Teams Channel. (I don't care for the weblink method of getting Planner plans into a private Teams channel, but it is at least a way to do it. I'm glad to at least have the same method available for this.)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JonSaward (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Afaik no, that experience only allows you to create a new WB. You could try the web tab and insert the url? Adam

View solution in original post