1. Microsoft Teams Icon goes missing from Desktop 2. Microsoft Teams keep on freezing.

Copper Contributor

Hi Microsoft,

I currently have two issues:

1. Microsoft Teams Icon goes missing from Desktop: The icon is no longer there on the Desktp though all other Microsoft Icons are there. Only the Teams icon goes missing from the Desktop.

2. Microsoft Teams keep on freezing: Microsoft Teams keeps on freezing intermittently. Any quich help on these above two issues would be appreciated.

5 Replies

@Vikram1825About the icon not showing on our desktop you could go to start menu and pin Teams to Taskbar or send a shortcut icon to desktop.

the second issue about teams is freeing i would suggest going to this article https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/common-microsoft-teams-problems-how-to-fix where common problems to teams and their quick fix has been mentioned which may or maybe be inline with your usecase but these are some of the commmon ones that could be easily fixed.

@PDostiyar : Hi Pervaiz, thanks for the quick response. The issues i am facing are:

1. The Microsoft Teams Icon goes missing from the Desktop as the result the users get confused and are not able to find it whereas icons for all other Microsoft Apps stay intact except Teams. Is there a permanent fix to this issue.

2. Secondly, Microsoft Teams keeps on freezing when the users are on a video call or screen sharing. Your link below: https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/common-microsoft-teams-problems-how-to-fix simply points that the App needs to be restarted. But is there any other permanent solution to this as it is getting frustrating since it freezes when the users are in the middle of a video call.

Looking forward to hear from you.

@Vikram Romana  What I am assuming here on the freezing part there might be any software or application that is causing the issue or maybe the system resources like RAM, process, or even the internet bandwidth could cause this issue.

about the Icon/shortcut disappears it maybe any anti-virus, windows defender, firewall, etc. deleting them or any rule setup if the computers are managed through any endpoint management, etc.

I guess if you open a case with Microsoft Support it wouldn't hurt you!

Thanks @Vikram Romana 

I had the problem that the Teams icon was missing from my system tray and I had to start it manually when I wanted to use it. Based on other responses that I found, I tried logging out of Teams and then logging back in. That returned the icon to the system tray on startup for me.