The Teams product group released additional readiness material for IT Pros. IT Pros can use the material for their own education, train others or deliver workshops.
The training modules are built to enable skills around Microsoft Teams for IT Pros at customers and partners. Modules always consist of a video and PowerPoint deck.
They are always built with the needs of an IT Pro in mind: what does an IT Pro need to know to successfully plan, configure and run Teams to provide the best possible experience to their end users? How does Teams affect the customers current environment? What are the key learnings and actions for each of the topic areas?
Feel free to use these resources for your own learning or use it to deliver the content to others – maybe in a training session or technical workshop.
The content will be updated, as needed, to keep up with changes in the product, so it might make sense to always check for the latest version.
…and where to find it
Links to the videos and the PowerPoint decks can be found on our Admin training for Microsoft Teams page. Also, if you just want to grab some popcorn and watch all the video, we have this handy playlist for you: Teams Academy for IT Pros.
In the spotlight: Foundations – Core Components
Let’s take a deeper look at one of the modules “Foundations – Core Components”. Originally released in June 2018, @Bryan Nyce just refreshed the recording recently to keep up with the changes in Teams.
The module covers how Teams interacts with Office 365:
- Architecture of Microsoft Teams – Which services does Teams interact with and where are files stored?
- Azure Active Directory – What identity models can be used with Teams?
- Office 365 Groups – What are Groups and how does Teams leverage them?
- SharePoint and OneDrive for Business – When is SharePoint used vs. OneDrive for Business? What happens if I don’t have SharePoint and/or OneDrive for Business?
- Exchange – Can I use Exchange on-premises? If so, what are the special considerations?
After consuming the module, the audience will understand to what how Teams leverages Office 365 and what the requirements are for an optimal user experience. The PowerPoint can also be used to run a workshop with infrastructure teams before rolling out Teams.
Foundations – Core components: Video | Deck
- Watch the recordings on YouTube
- Download the decks
- Use them for your own readiness or present them to others
- Give us feedback and fill out our survey
- For questions or comments post under this article or in the forum using the “IT Pro Training” label.